We believe in a good grooming routine and what better time to get started! Here is a quick list of essential things that we have broken down into daily, weekly and monthly items that we feel are important for your pet’s wellness!
- Coat brushing Give your dogs and cats a good brush daily, this applies to both long or short-haired breeds. This helps to remove dead hair and tangles and distribute their skin’s natural oils for a shinier and healthier coat. Brushing also allows early detection of fleas and ticks. Bonus: great bonding time for you and your pets!
- Teeth brushing This removes tartar and plaque and prevents a build-up of bacteria which could lead to gum disease. Keeping your pet’s breath fresh benefits you too! Don’t forget to use appropriate kinds of toothpaste for your pets.
- Baths Helps to keep them clean and parasite-free, especially for dogs that head out for walks! Don’t forget to give them a wipe down after their daily walks too, especially between their paws. Tip: make sure the water is warm and ensure shampoo is rinsed off thoroughly as leaving in shampoo might cause irritation to their skin.
- Ear Cleaning Use your preferred ear cleaning solution (you can buy one here too) and make sure you use cotton balls as cotton buds could potentially hurt your pet’s ear canal.
- Nail clipping Long and overgrown nails are uncomfortable and painful and could break or crack if it gets caught on something. Make sure they are short and trimmed always. Depending on your dog or cat, they might need trimming sooner, so check on them every 3 weeks or so.
- Preventatives Getting your pets on preventatives against heartworm, tick and, fleas, is an essential routine especially if they spend time outdoors – you never know what they could pick up while on a walk. You can get Nexgard Spectra for dogs or Revolution for cats at our online shop.
- Vaccinations A yearly check-up for your pets to update their vaccinations should be on your to-do list. This part of your routine could catch any potential health issues early and let your furry friends live a long, healthy life.